Racks on Racks: Revenue Building + Sustainability for Startups and
Friday, April 21 • 10am to 6pm
WeWork • 19 Clifford Street • Downtown Detroit
FREE + open to the public
(registration required – see form below)
For many, the nine-to-five grind is soul crushing, and the part-time gig a dead end. The dream of making a living doing what you love, working toward what you believe is important, and doing things on your own terms is ever-present, but can often feel impossible to realize and maintain. To transform your passion into economic stability you must first structure and organize your ideas, then make a plan. This is the main objective of Racks on Racks: Revenue Building + Sustainability for Startups and Creative Practitioners.
Led by Amani Olu, this course will help you:
– Draft your core beliefs, vision and mission
– Establish the problem you are trying to solve
– Communicate what makes your idea unique
– Identify feasible revenue streams
– Outline key resources, activities and partnerships
– Develop target audiences and key value proposition
– Devise feasible marketing strategies
This workshop is for you if you want to:
– Understand how a startup or creative practices can generate income
– Share your ideas and receive expert advice
– Build community and network with people facing similar challenges
Participants will receive a workbook to record their discoveries, and will leave the workshop with a working business model and brand positioning statement. This will give you the confidence and motivation to take your idea to the next level.
Olu & Company
We are a marketing, public relations and consulting firm for the arts and beyond. With offices in Brooklyn and Detroit, our mission is to build strategic plans that transform passion into economic stability. We do this using customized approaches, proven methods, critical thinking and some wild ideas. While delivering measurable results is key, our real value is helping clients travel from point A to B with total confidence. Past and current clients include Dolby, Ingrid LaFleur, PLAYGROUND DETROIT, Absolut, Lord & Taylor, and PONY to name a few.
*WeWork Merchant's Row members do not need to register.