JUNIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER
We are hiring a Junior Account Manager to provide outstanding administrative and account support. Founded by Amani Olu, our top priority is the happiness and development of our associates. We are full of positive energy, encouragement and team spirit.
The ideal candidate is eager to learn the behind-the-scenes mechanics of agency public relations and the inner workings of the art world. You are a true professional that takes pride in delivering flawless, detail oriented work. You are self-motivated, actively engaged, own your role, sociable and willing to interrupt the boss to tell a great joke. You are capable and comfortable working with multiple communication styles and communicating across a broad range of professional, social and domestic contacts. You are discerning and understand the process of analyzing information and are competent to resolve or raise concerns when necessary. You also have the knowledge and experience of working in an environment where a gracious and professional demeanor, combined with a social sensibility, is key in successfully executing the position. You find satisfaction in providing service and have a genuine interest in delivering faultless execution of daily tasks.
- Research, develop and maintain media lists/databases
- Identify and compile editorial calendars
- Monitor and promptly clip client press
- Draft and maintain client media coverage reports
- Performs outreach to approved media outlets
- Submits calendar and event listings for client events
- Copy edit press releases and other campaign collateral
- Drafts press releases, bios, artist and project statements
- Manage guest lists and RSVPs for events
- Provide onsite support for events when appropriate
- Attend client meetings and conference calls
- Compose agendas and meeting minutes
- Availability some evenings and weekends
- Other duties consistent with the position
Education and Professional Skills
- Must possess, or be working toward, a BA/BS in Art History, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, or Marketing
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Organizational, project management and problem-solving skills, including the capacity to coordinate details and anticipate obstacles
- Exceptionally high standards of dedication, discretion, flexibility and a positive attitude
- Clear communicator and team player
- Interest in global art, culture, fashion lifestyle
Must be available Monday through Friday, from 10am to 2pm, for a period of at least three months.
$15 –$18 per hour depending on experience
To apply, please email the following to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
- LinkedIn profile or resume (PDF)
- 250 – 300-word writing sample
- Your favorite album, film and television show in 2017